The Lead DevOps engineer will help take us into the next stage of our product development, supporting existing products, and working on new ones. The role will involve working closely with our development and infrastructure teams to constantly enhance and improve our end to end build process, from development and testing builds, through to deployment to live customer sites and hosted deployments. Around 7-10 years experience
The role will include owning and developing the following:
- Administration of our Jenkins based continuous-integration system
- Using our git and subversion source control systems, branching strategies and management of patches for each release.
- Monitoring of build jobs and unit tests (including use of TestNG, Jasmine, Selenium) and communication with developers of issues as they arise
- A continuous integration/delivery process working closely with developers in an Agile environment
- Assembling and managing application release artefacts
- Administration of a cross-platform build environment, utilising both Linux (RHEL/Centos/Ubuntu) and Windows (2003, 2008, 2012) systems.
- Automation of deployments to Weblogic 11g/12c and Oracle Application Server platforms, updates to SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Managing distributed builds and test infrastructure (physical and cloud based), with VMware
- Specification of new OS environments for our Nutanix based hardware platforms
- Working with our infrastructure/operations team to help document infrastructure changes and ensure successful deployments occur in production
- Development of our DevOps strategies moving forward, including improved automation processes and adoption of DevOps methodologies
- Adhere to company policy and procedures including those on confidentiality, equal opportunities, health & safety and information security in line with the published procedures.
- To act as the technical lead on internal and external infrastructure issues related to cochin office closely working with the Infrastructure team